Your donation has the power to make a difference in someone's life.
- When you donate, you not only give money, but you also give hope and kindness to those in need.
- Donate to change a life, and you’ll change the world.
Overview of Mental Health in US
Mental health is a significant public health issue in the United States, with millions of people affected by mental health conditions each year. According to the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI), around one in five adults in the US experience mental illness in a given year.
Depression & anxiety are among the most common mental health conditions, with other prevalent conditions including bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, & eating disorders.
The COVID-19 pandemic has also had a significant impact on mental health in the US, with increased rates of anxiety, depression, & post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) reported due to factors such as social isolation, financial stress, & uncertainty about the future.
There are also significant disparities in mental health outcomes among different populations in the US, with individuals from lower socioeconomic backgrounds, minority ethnic groups, & LGBTQ+ communities experiencing higher rates of mental health problems.
The US government has made mental health a priority area, with initiatives such as the Affordable Care Act (ACA) including provisions for mental health care & the creation of the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) to support research into mental health conditions.
List of Mental Health NGOs operating in US
Here is a list of some of the top mental health NGOs operating in US:
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
- Mental Health America (MHA)
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP)
- Crisis Text Line
- The Trevor Project
- Active Minds
- Alliance (DBSA)
- The Jed Foundation
- Bring Change to Mind
- National Council for Behavioral Health
Impact of Mental Health NGOs in US
Mental Health NGOs in the US have had a crucial influence on the well-being of individuals & communities across the country. Here are a few examples of the impact they have created:
- Providing support & resources: Helped to offer much-needed support & resources to individuals struggling with mental health issues. This includes access to counseling & therapy services, support groups, helplines, & online resources.
- Raising awareness: Been instrumental in raising awareness about mental health issues & reducing the stigma associated with seeking help for mental health problems. They have done this through public education campaigns, community outreach programs, & advocacy work.
- Advocacy: Played a critical role in advocating for policies & legislation that support individuals with mental health issues. This includes fighting for increased funding for mental health research, improving access to mental health services, & supporting initiatives to reduce the incidence of mental illness.
- Crisis intervention: Offer crisis intervention services to individuals who are in immediate need of help. This can include suicide prevention hotlines, crisis counseling services, & emergency housing for individuals experiencing a mental health crisis.
Conclusively, Mental Health NGOs in the US have helped to improve the lives of countless individuals & families affected by mental health issues, & continue to play a vital role in promoting mental health & well-being across the country.
Why to Donate for Mental Health in US?
Mental health issues affect a significant portion of the population globally, & the impact can be devastating, causing a decreased quality of life, impaired productivity, & increased healthcare costs. Unfortunately, mental health issues are still stigmatized, & there is a lack of awareness & resources to address them.
By donating to mental health organizations, you can support the development & delivery of mental health services & programs, such as counseling, therapy, education, & advocacy. These organizations play a vital role in reducing the stigma associated with mental illness & increasing access to treatment, support, & resources for those in need.
Your donation can make a significant impact on improving the mental health of individuals, families, & communities. It can help to provide critical resources, training, & support to those who need it the most. Additionally, it can fund research to improve the understanding of mental health issues, leading to better treatment options & outcomes in the future.
Why donate with Mantra Foundations?
Donating with Mantra Foundations is a meaningful method to create a positive impact on the lives of people who may not have access to quality healthcare services. Here are few reasons why you may consider donating to Mantra Foundations:
- Comprehensive healthcare services: Works towards offering a range of healthcare services that includes physical & mental health, vision care, chronic illness management, women welfare, & more. By donating, you support these important services & help improve the health & well-being of individuals & communities.
- Focus on underserved communities: Dedicated to offering healthcare services to underserved communities, particularly in rural areas where access to healthcare may be limited. Your donation can help bring healthcare services to those who may not otherwise have access to them.
- Transparency & accountability: Committed to transparency & accountability in its operations. You can be assured that your donation will be used effectively & efficiently to support healthcare services & programs.
- Impactful programs: Mantra Foundations implements programs that are designed to have a meaningful influence on the lives of individuals & communities. By donating, you can help support programs that are making a difference in people’s lives.
- Tax benefits: Donations to Mantra Foundations are eligible for tax benefits under section 80G of the Income Tax Act, which allows for a deduction of up to 50% of the donated amount from taxable income.
Conclusively, donating to Mantra Foundations is a powerful way to make a positive impact on the lives of people who may not have access to quality healthcare services. By supporting their healthcare programs & services, you can help improve the health & well-being of individuals & communities in need.